Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Week 3 The Lists and Positive Self Talk

Week Three



The Lists and


What Takes the Place of the food?



Positive Self Talk



My Yellow List - Week Three
Rewrite your Yellow List adding any new items that “could” interfere with your journey.

This list could be quite long.




My No Matter What Red List - Week Three

This list will be much shorter.


♥It’s time to take another item from your Yellow List and transfer it to your No Matter What Red List. If you have not tackled one of your three +++ items, it’s time to do so. Remember that you can always change an item if you decide you are not ready to let it go, as long as you wait until morning to do so.

♥If you’re struggling with getting three star days, you might start saying to yourself, “FOOD IN ONE POCKET; LIFE IN THE OTHER: DON‘T MIX”. In the beginning, I had to say this hundreds of times a day.

♥Remember, the scale can be your friend or your worst enemy. Keep in mind that your addict sometimes take up residency in your scales, especially on days that aren’t the 1st or 15th of the month. If you’re having trouble with weighing other than on the 1st or 15th, now is the time to tackle that, too. If need be, have someone hide your scales. There is no good reason why you need to be weighing more than twice a month. Now there are many reasons why your addict would like you to weigh more than that, but not one of them is in your favor. Refraining from weighing will also add to strengthening your abstinent muscle.

♥In the beginning of my recovery, I slept a great deal of the time in order to stay away from food. I allowed myself to be as lazy as I needed to be as long as I stayed out of the No Matter What Red List foods. Hence, I encourage you to take as many naps as you need. Consider it your “addict” repelling medicine. Believe me, naps were a major force in my becoming Thin and Serene.

♥When you do take a nap, know that when you wake up, most likely your first thought will be food, but what your body really wants is water/H2O. Set a glass or bottle of water beside your bed to drink as soon as you wake up. Even if this does not happen to you, I would take the precaution and drink the water anyway since our bodies dehydrate when sleeping and you don’t want to give your addict a toehold.


My Green List -Week Three
Some of the Green List items will stay the same while others will change or increase. You will need to read them over carefully to see what adjustments, if any, have been made each week.
1. Continue to drink your eight ounces of water before each meal.
2. For lunch each day, you need to increase your vegetables to exactly twelve ounces. Again peas, corn, potatoes, and yams may not be used for any of your measured vegetables. Some heavier veggies are tomatoes, cucumbers, and carrots. Remember being exact is the best defense against your addict.
3. Your dinner will stay the same, exactly twelve ounces, the same as lunch. You may not be thanking me but your body is.
4., Suggested food plan
Breakfast- 4 ounces protein
8 ounces fruit
Optional small serving starchy carb (Many of us have had our
share these type carbs and are better leaving them for those
who haven’t)
Lunch- 5 ounces protein
12 ounces vegetables
1 ounce fat
8 ounces fruit
Optional small serving starchy carb (Enough warnings about the
possible evils of starchy carbs. Just keep in mind that if you are
having trouble increasing your b2b No Matter What Red List day
count starchy carbs “could” be the culprit.)
Dinner- 5 ounces protein
12 ounces vegetables
1.5 ounces fat
8 ounces fruit
4. You need to continue having at least four hours between your meals
5. Beginning to know in your head that becoming Thin and Serene is an
inside job.


♥“There’s another meal coming“. Even though intellectually I knew the above statement to be true, before my journey, my heart I did not know it. What ever part of the brain that let’s us really know, “There’s another meal coming“, in my brain was broken. My disease/addict had figures out some way to destroy that part of my brain. For me, every meal was my last. Now thanks to the exactness of weighing my food and staying away from my No Matter What red list foods that part of my brain has been miraculously repaired. Now, I know beyond any shadow of a doubt “There is always another meal coming”. In fact in most months I have 90 meals coming and in a year I have over 1000 meals coming.
This change did not happen overnight. In the beginning it took a lot of reminding myself. (At the end of this section you will find a decorative page with “There’s “Always” Another Meal Coming” written on it for you to display to help you begin to internalize this concept.




Positive self-talk

Positive self-talk is a tool that helped me rewrite negative tapes about myself and my life. These negative thoughts blocked me from reaching my goal of having a Thin and Serene Life. I used positive self-talk to counter specific negative thoughts, and to bring me back to myself - to remind me that I am a remarkable human being. Here are some of my favorite positive affirmations:

I love myself.

I can and do create joy in my life.

I am more than enough.

I am never confused.

I always do the right thing for me.

It never get upset.
People, places and things don't upset me.

I can easily say No to people without losing their love.

I ask for help whenever I need it.

I am surrounded by an abundance of love.

I choose to forgive myself and others.

I am always connected with the Divine Love in the Universe

I am complete.

I am happy.

I give myself permission to do what I know is best for me.

I like myself, and because of that others like themselves.

I am surrounded with loving, caring people in my life.

I have a ton of love in my life.

I am loving and accepting of others and this creates lasting friendships for me.

I make friends easily.

I'm a awesome person just the way I am.

I am free to be myself.

I am a forgiving and loving person.

I grow Spiritually on a daily basis.

I know what is best for me and I act on it.

I'm in touch with my inner being.
My inner being leads me on the right path.

My defense mechanisms are no longer necessary because I am a wonderful person.

I do a great job of controlling my attitude.

I am a Divine being.


I do all I can every day to make a loving environment for all those around me,
including myself.

I deserve and recieve credit for my successes and accomplishments .

I give myself permission to not care about what others think.

I am very powerful.

I am a winner.

I acknowledge all of my feelings because I am in touch with them.

I pat myself on the back regularly.

I am safe and always feel protected.

I am fully alive.

I trust myself completely to know what is right for me.

My inner vision is always clear and focused.

I have the power to control my health.

I am in control of my health and wellness.

I am at peace with my Universe

I am constantly adding to my income.

I always spend money wisely.

I always have enough money for all that I want.

I am rewarded for all the work I do.

I accept myself completely.

I love and accept myself.

I can easily acknowledge all the pain and release it.

I am the only one who knows my “truth” and how to live it.

I am a unique and special person.

I am at one with the Universe.

I am constantly amazed at the magnificence that is me.

It is OK for others to say No to me - it does not mean they do not love me.

I am unique, loving, loved, and free.


The power within me is greater than whatever is in front of me.

What others think of me is none of my business.

When i don't forgive someone it only hurts me.
It's easy for me to forgive others because I'm doing it for me.


The more I love, the more that love is returned to me.

Love is eternal and everlasting.

I nurture my inner child by loving her and allowing her to heal.

I am responsible for my life and always maintain the power I need to be positive and have joy.

I am at peace with myself.

I am always in harmony with the Universe.

I am filled with the Love of the Universal Divine Truth.

I am at peace with myself and all those around me.

I have provided a harmonious place for myself and those I love.

The more honest I am with those around me, and they love me for it.

I express anger in appropriate ways so that peace and harmony are balanced at all times.

I am at one with the inner child in me.

I have abundant energy, vitality and well-being.

I am healthy in all aspects of my being.


I am always able to maintain my ideal weight.
I am filled with energy to do all the daily activities in my life.
My mind is at peace.
I love and care for my body and it cares for me.
I am a success in all that I do.
Everything I touch returns riches to me.
I am always productive.
My work is always recognized positively.
I respect my abilities and always work to my full potential.
I spent two full years of my recovery bringing positive energy into my life by embracing positive affirmations. I worked with them in several different ways. For awhile I wrote affirmations daily, then I wrote them only when I was feeling down or in stressful situations. One thing I did habitually was to write the affirmations that really called to me at any specific time.

Activity
As a daily activity write at least ten affirmations that really talk to you. To succeed in my program all you have to do is absolutely never ever give up.

Most of us have experienced too much of quitting. Usually what we do is expect too much and give up when we do not meet our own expectations. This can become a vicious cycle.

As I have said before, the answer is simple; it may not be easy but it is simple. If you truly want something, it will happen. Keep in mind that all you have to do to succeed in my program is to get up more often than you fall down.

I realize that a journey of this nature is not always straight forward. Sometimes it’s three steps forward and one or two steps back. I’ve put my program together with the hope that you won’t have too many setbacks, but even if you do, all you have to do is to keep trudging down the road to happy destiny and you will eventually get to the end as long as you don’t give up.

Keep in mind that negative energy produces more negative energy. Fortunately, the opposite is also true, positive energy builds positive energy and my guide is filled with positive energy. Most of my activities are directed at helping you keep your glass half full instead of half empty. A positive attitude will propel you forward eventually making all things possible

Here's a little message about thinking you have to do my program perfectly. I have never considered myself a perfectionist, but at one point in my journey I realized I was getting very frustrated because I was not progressing as fast as I thought I ”should” be. (There I go “shoulding” on myself again). Then I realized I did have a perfectionist side to me. What I finally recognized was that “for me” mastery is not a ten, it’s an eight. I was feeling like I was not getting anywhere because I was not experiencing a number 10 mastery in the situations I was working on.

Let me give you an example so you can understand more fully what I’m talking about. I have always struggled with being insecure, and after working on it for about a year I realized I still felt insecure quite often. Of course this made me feel like I was making little or no progress. Then I examined the situation a little more closely and saw that yes, I still felt insecure at times, but what had changed was how I acted when I felt that way. That had changed tremendously.

Thus my “aha” that mastery is an eight not a ten. This new understanding was the turning of another corner. What all this mean is that if you feel you are at a level six or seven in relationship to change, that’s almost mastery. So you have most likely come a lot further then you originally thought before reading this paragraph.

Activity
Write down as many areas as you can think of where you are making progress toward becoming a Thin and Serene you.


(Now that I have said it’s not important to be perfect in working my program, I need to say that there is one area where you do need to be perfect and that is: “KEEP YOUR NO MATTER WHAT Red LIST FOODS IN ONE POCKET AND YOUR LIFE IN THE OTHER AND DON‘T MIX.”

1 comment:

galexina said...

Hi Ravae
I soo related to your story. I would love to talk. I am a food addict and really struggling to recover. My name is Cara my email
is galexina@hotmail.com
I could not find an email adress on your blog. I would greatly appreciate it if you could email me. I have a few questions about your recovery and the food plan. Thanks so much.

Cara